For more general information about the Most Popular Awards Program, please click here.
- How do I know if my Business received a Top 25 Most Popular Award?
When we release our Top 25 Most Popular Awards we send an email to those business owners that that have received an award.
All business that received an Award will see a badge at the top of their business listing page on CanadianAccountantSearch. If you scroll further down that page, you will then see all the Awards you received by location.
You can also log into the Members Area and, if you have received an Award, you will see the Top 25 Most Popular badge on your dashboard. This is where you can download the badge for your website and social media pages.
- How are the Most Popular Award Rankings determined?
These Awards are allocated to the businesses on CanadianAccountantSearch that have the highest number of visits, positive reviews and overall engagement, by location, for the previous calendar year. Therefore, the rankings are determined by the behaviour of the visitors on the CanadianAccountantSearch website.
Our specially designed algorithm uses the following criteria to calculate the rankings of the Most Popular businesses by location:
- The volume and length of time spent viewing and engaging with the information on the site
- The number of leads sent out to a business from the site
- The number of contacts made to businesses from the site
- The number of times a user saves a business listing for future reference
- The number of positive reviews and ratings for a business.
The algorithm then selects the Top 25 businesses for each location and ranks them in order of popularity.
The higher the number of visits, positive reviews and overall engagement in relation to competitors in the location, the higher a business will rank and the more likely it will be to receive an Award.
- How often are the Top 25 Most Popular Awards released?
These awards are released at the start of each year, based on statistics from the previous calendar year.
- What are the business benefits of receiving a Most Popular Award?
The benefits to your business include:
- Greater exposure across CanadianAccountantSearch and our social media channels, which will result in more visits and leads to your business
- Increased trust in your business, which will increase the likelihood of CanadianAccountantSearch website visitors selecting your business over your competitors
- Increased leads and customers for your business from other channels, if you use the Award badge to promote your business in locations other than on CanadianAccountantSearch.
- What can our Business do to get the most out of this Award?
To maximise the benefits to your business, consider the following:
- Add the Award badge to your website
- Promote the Award to existing and potential clients
- Add the Award badge to your email signature and across any email campaigns for your business
- Display the badge on any social media or digital platform
- Add the Award badge to your business marketing materials
- Ask for your official certificate to display at your place of business
- Can my business receive multiple awards?
Yes – you can receive multiple awards in the one year. This occurs when your business is ranked in the Top 25 Most Popular Awards for different locations. Some businesses will be awarded many awards, and others may only receive one – the awards are generated by location and depend on the number visits, positive reviews and overall engagement the business receives.
- Can I display Most Popular Award badges from other years?
Absolutely. In fact, each year CanadianAccountantSearch generates a new badge with a unique HTML code that will not expire.
- Where can I find my Top 25 Most Popular Award badge?
If you have received a Top 25 Most Popular Award, you will see a banner with a link to the badge in your Members Area (login here). Click on the button – “Add the badge to your site” – to access the code.
- How do I add the badge to my website?
You will need to copy the code provided in your Members Area (login here) and paste it in your own website's HTML code. If you are not sure how to do this ask your web developer.
- Where on my website should I put the badge?
It is up to you but the homepage, and any frequently visited areas of your site, would be ideal because it will maximise the number of people who see it.
The more your visitors see the badge, the better, as it shows them that you are a popular and trusted business.
- Why is my Business showing for some Award Locations and not others?
Rankings depend on the competition in each location - you may have more competitors in some locations and less in others.
- Do I need to claim my Listing for my Business to appear on the Most Popular Rankings?
Yes, you need to claim your listing to be eligible to be part of the Most Popular rankings.
- Do I need to have a Featured Listing for my Business to appear on the Most Popular Rankings?
No, all claimed listings, both Free and Featured Listings are part of the Most Popular rankings.
However, upgrading to one of our Featured Packages will improve your visibility on our website and the probability of your business receiving an Award.
- Why didn’t my Business receive a Most Popular Award this year?
If you didn’t receive an award, it means that over the previous year your business did not rank above your competitors in terms of visits, positive reviews and overall engagement.
As competition increases for the Most Popular Awards there is never a guarantee of receiving or holding onto your Award each year.
- What can my Business do to receive the Most Popular Award next year?
You can use many strategies to improve your rankings, click through rates and overall engagement for the Most Popular Awards. These include:
- Claim your listing if you have not already done so
- Add as much quality content as possible to your listing
- Always keep your listing current and informative
- Write a long, detailed description of your business and the services you offer
- Include your logo, multiple images and videos of your business
- Enter all available contact points and keep this up-to-date
- Ask your customers to add positive reviews
- Add more coverage to improve your business listing's ranking across multiple suburbs
- Promote all special offers that you have on your listing
- Add any events that you have on to your listing
- Upgrade to a Featured Listing to increase your exposure across CanadianAccountantSearch and acquire more visits and leads.
The more of the above that you have in relation to your local competitors, the higher the probability you’ll have to rank on our Most Popular pages.
Some of the elements listed above can only be unlocked if you upgrade to a Featured Listing. Check our packages page for more details about the benefits of upgrading your listing.
- How can I display this Award in my place of work?
If you would like to display a certificate in your place of work, please contact us to request a PDF file that you can print and frame.