What are the Top 25 Most Popular Awards?
In order to deliver a great user-experience, CanadianAccountantSearch has introduced the Top 25 Most Popular Accounting & Tax Service Awards to help website visitors find the best products and services in their community.
How are the Most Popular Award Rankings calculated?
These Awards are allocated to the businesses on CanadianAccountantSearch with the highest number of visits, positive reviews and overall engagement, by location, for the previous calendar year. Therefore, the rankings are determined by the behaviour of the visitors on the CanadianAccountantSearch website.
Our specially designed algorithm uses the following criteria to calculate the rankings of the Most Popular businesses by location:
- The volume and length of time spent viewing and engaging with the information on the site
- The number of leads sent out to a business from the site
- The number of contacts made to businesses from the site
- The number of times a user saves a business listing for future reference
- The number of positive reviews and ratings for a business.
The algorithm then selects the Top 25 businesses for each location and ranks them in order of popularity.
The higher the number of visits, positive reviews and overall engagement in relation to competitors in the location, the higher a business will rank and the more likely it will be to receive an Award.
How often are the Top 25 Most Popular Awards released?
These Awards are released at the start of each year, based on statistics from the previous calendar year.
When will next year’s Most Popular rankings be finalised?
CanadianAccountantSearch finalises all the rankings for the Most Popular Awards in January each year.
How can I find the Most Popular businesses?
There are two ways you can find the Most Popular businesses.
- All business that have won an Award, display the badge on their CanadianAccountantSearch business listing. The badge will appear on the business’s listing page as well as on their preview information on a search result page.
- All locations that have a Most Popular section have a link on the left-hand side menu saying “Most Popular in XYZ location - YEAR”. This link will take you to the list of most popular businesses in the selected location. If there is no link, it means the location didn’t meet our minimum criteria to generate a Most Popular page.
How come some businesses have an award for one year and not another?
The rankings for each year are calculated via the ranking algorithm and as outlined above are dependent on a number of factors.
As competition increases for the Most Popular Awards there is never a guarantee of businesses receiving or holding onto the Award each year.
Why doesn’t my location have any Top 25 Most Popular rankings?
To ensure we reach our objective to help CanadianAccountantSearch visitors select the best Accounting and Tax Services, we need to ensure that those that receive an award meet a minimum visitation, engagement and review criteria.
Unfortunately, some regions and locations do not contain enough eligible businesses that reached our strict criteria to partake in the Top 25 Most Popular Awards. In this case, CanadianAccountantSearch does not show any Most Popular businesses for that location or category.
Why are there less than 25 listings for some Most Popular locations?
It’s important that we ensure that those that receive an award meet a minimum visitation, engagement and review criteria, so that we can help CanadianAccountantSearch visitors to select the most suitable Accounting and Tax Services in their area.
Unfortunately, some regions and locations do not contain sufficient businesses that meet our strict criteria to be eligible to partake in the Top 25 Most Popular Awards. In this case, we only show the businesses that meet our minimum visitation, engagement and review criteria, which means there could be less than 25 listings that appear for that location.
Why are there no Most Popular rankings for a specific category?
Currently we do not generate Most Popular rankings for each category on our site. However, we are considering releasing this feature in the future.
If you are a Business Owner and would like more specific information about the Top 25 Most Popular Awards, please click here.
Date Update: 22-03-2022 2:36 am